How We Can Help You Deal With Your Foot Pain
posted: Mar. 28, 2018.
A survey by The American Podiatric Medical Association found that the vast majority of American adults have foot pain. Pain in the feet is particularly stressful when you have an occupation that requires you to spend a lot of time walking or standing. Dr. Robert Valins, Dr. Maria Walshe and Dr. Domenick Calise at Total Foot and Ankle in Zephyrhills, Sun City Center, Riverview, and Wesley Chapel, FL can help you deal with your foot pain using therapeutic, orthotic, and surgical treatments.
Causes of Foot Pain
Foot pain can have numerous causes, ranging from complications caused by wearing bad footwear to hereditary diseases. These are a few common causes of foot pain:
- Plantar fasciitis (inflamed ligament at the bottom of the foot).
- Heel spurs (bone growths related to plantar fasciitis).
- Bursitis (swollen sacs on the joints).
- Calluses and corns (growths of skin that can become painful).
- Bunions (protruding toe joints).
- Toe or ankle fractures (cracks or breaks in the bones of the foot).
Dealing with Foot Pain
It's hard to deal with foot pain when you have no other choice than to be on your feet for the majority of your waking moments. The best solution is to develop a relationship with a Zephyrhills, Sun City Center, Riverview, or Wesley Chapel podiatrist to keep up with physical therapies and medications that will help keep your pain at bay. These are some of the most common treatments available for foot pain:
- Corticosteroid injections.
- Foot splinting and wrapping.
- Orthotics to provide better support for the foot while walking and exercising.
- Therapeutic stretches and exercises.
- Surgical procedures to treat bunions, heel spurs, tendonitis, and other acute problems.
Keeping Your Feet Healthy
When your feet hurt, it’s a signal that you are not giving them the best care possible. Re-evaluate your shoe collection, as poorly made shoes are one of the most common reasons for foot problems. Wear the custom orthotics created by your podiatrist. Do foot exercises while you rest to keep the joints and tendons in your feet flexible.
Free from Pain
Foot pain isn’t something you should accept as a reality of life. Get relief from your foot pain by contacting a podiatrist at Total Foot and Ankle in Zephyrhills, Sun City Center, Riverview, or Wesley Chapel, FL. Call to schedule your visit.